Lucky Turtle Variable Voltage Battery
Our favorite battery! Variable voltage from 3.3 to 8.0V. Too small a hit? Dial it up. Tastes a little burnt? Dial it down. Can be used with any standard 510 threaded vape cartridge.
Cartridge pictured is NOT included, just the battery.
Charge using included USB charger into any standard USB port.
Press button quickly 5 times to toggle the on/off travel lock so it doesn’t heat up in your luggage or pocket.
Hold down button for a few seconds to preheat oil and then suck on mouthpiece. Release button when done.
The variable voltage stick battery is sold in our Starter Packs, sold as a stand alone item in dispensaries, or sold through our webstore. Your battery may be locked out when you first get it. Press the button 5 times quickly to toggle the lock on and off. This is a safety feature for traveling. Below are detailed instructions for use:
When you first plug it in, the battery will go through a start up sequence that lasts about 20 seconds and has a lot of crazy lights:
- Light will be solid green for a few seconds.
- White light on battery flashes 3 times while solid green light is on.
- White light flashes 20 times.
- Solid green light changes to solid red light for a few seconds.
- Then battery then goes into the “while charging” phase
- Solid red light means the battery is charging.
- Alternating red and green flashing lights means it is very close to a full charge.
- Solid green light on the charger means it is fully charged.
When you unplug it
- 4 flashing lights on the battery means it is fully charged
- 6 flashing lights means it is not fully charged but will still work.
- Screw onto any standard 510 threaded vape cartridge. We recommend Lucky Turtle branded cartridges (obviously!). We cannot guarantee functionality with other branded cartridges. Our battery should work will all cartridges but due to poor reliability of some other manufacturers hardware, the cartridge may not work on any battery you try.
- If using a non-Lucky turtle cartridge, make sure to check the cartridge for leaks, especially on the inside where the threads are located, and for any signs of oil residue. Leaking cartridges are the #1 reason for shorting out a battery which will cause permanent battery failure.
- Change the battery setting using the dial at the bottom.
- We recommend starting at the lowest setting for our vapes. However, personal experiences vary. Basically, if your hit is too small then increase the voltage. If the hit tastes burnt or you want a smaller hit, turn it down.
- Start with the mouthpiece pointed up. Hold the button for 2-3 seconds to preheat the oil. This will help it flow into the heating coil when you take your hit. Continue holding down the button and draw in through the mouthpiece to get your hit.
- If you hold the button down for 10 seconds, it will lock out the battery to prevent overheating.
- 5 quick presses of the button will toggle the travel lock. Use this to prevent accidental discharge when in your pocket, luggage, or camelback.